[Adventures] in Writing

[Adventure 90]

It's been ninety days. I've been writing every day for ninety days. 

I realize not everything I write is interesting or informative. That's not the point. The point is that, when I write, it helps me process life. 

There have been ninety days so far this year. Since the dawn of 2021, I've had a couple dozen medical appointments. I've had a sleep study, two MRIs, an MRA, ct scan guided sacroiliac joint injections, and occipital nerve blocks. I've been to the emergency department once. I got the first dose of the covid-19 vaccine. 

We've repainted and redecorated our bathroom; rearranged and updated furniture in every room in our house, and painted one child's bedroom. Our kids threw us a annibirthary party, we celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary, and one child's thirteenth birthday. The thirteen year old came out as nonbinary and changed their name. Our fifteen year old defined their gender identity as pangender. Two of my children received promise rings from their significant others. I created twenty-three worship videos and one hundred thirty one social media images. I registered one child for resident camp at Camp Calumet this summer and confirmed our two week family camp reservation.

In the past ninety days, Donald Trump was impeached for the second time; Joe Biden became President and Kamala Harris became Vice President; the United States Capitol building was stormed; there were crazy Winter storms across the country, including in Texas where there was a power crisis; there were deadly tornadoes in several states; and nearly one hundred twenty mass shootings so far this year have sparked increased debates about gun control. The Equality Act passed the house while Transgender bans were instated in several states. Bans on refugees entering the US from many countries were lifted. 

I'm not sure if this has been the longest or shortest ninety days I've experienced. What I do know is that I will strive to continue writing daily, both for my mental health and to keep my brain engaged in life's journey.


Comments

Popular Posts