[Adventures] in Shopping with My Children

 

[Adventure 85]

I have many children. Occasionally they ask me to take them to the store so they can get a couple things. I figure I may as well get some shopping done if I'm going to the store, so I grab a cart and am on my way. As I shop for the essentials, my children deposit items in the cart. Most of them seem beyond asking me if they can get things. They know that if they do, the conversation will most likely go like this...

"Can I get the thing?"

"Do you need the thing?"

"Yes."

"Really? Give me one good reason you need the thing."

From there, the answers vary, often including:

"Because chocolate."

"Because caffeine."

"Because cuteness."

"Because useful."

"Because flavor."

They know I can't argue with these astute arguments.

So I end up going to the store for milk and bread and coming home with two garbage cans, a large bag of sour gummy bears, paint, eyeglass cleaner, ice cream bars, bagel chips, and assorted energy drinks. If I'm lucky I also have the milk and bread. 


Comments

Popular Posts