[Adventure] In Motion

 [Adventure 72]

My youngest child has been part of a medical study for the past seven months. Part of this study involves visits to a center for motion analysis. The first round of motion analysis took hours, so, since the second appointment was scheduled for three and a half hours as well, we were expecting something similar. 

As happened the first time, we arrived and Skye got into their shorts and tank top. They were weighed and measured, and their sneakers were measured, and then a couple dozen sensors were stuck to various parts of their body. They stood still so an image of their body could be created, then walked, jumped, and did a few other things while cameras all around the room picked up their movements. The sensors were removed and they did several other exercises. 

I was prepared for the appointment to take three and half hours. I brought two books with me, in hopes of getting three chapters of one read and perhaps a few chapters of the other. It's funny how used to waiting at medical appointments I am - and how prepared I am for the waiting. I even look forward to it. 

A little over an hour after they began, we were on our way out the door. I have to admit, I was slightly disappointed the evaluation was only an hour. I barely had time to get into my reading! Skye was glad the appointment was shorter than expected - the thought of spending over three hours exercising while wearing a mask was a little daunting! Soon we were back in our van, ready for whatever other adventures the day held. 

Comments

Popular Posts