[Adventure] in Being Heard

[Adventure 88]

Dear People,

Just because you didn't know something was racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, classist, etc. doesn't mean it isn't. When I mention that it is, I'm not saying you're a bad person, I'm saying you need to recognize it for what it is and do better.

I'm also not, nor have I ever even suggested, that a gun is capable of shooting someone on its own. It is because I know that people use guns to kill people that I think many things need to be done to help this country be a safer place, including updating laws regulating gun ownership.

And while we're at it ...

Most people receiving public assistance need that assistance and are not milking the system. Many disabled people don't receive or don't qualify for disability. Most people receiving food stamps, state health insurance, etc. would love to be able to work, or have the work they are able to do or find actually pay the bills. 

God loves us no strings attached and commands us to love one another no strings attached. Not love everyone, except - love everyone, period. And there is nothing in the bible that says homosexuality is wrong or bad or sinful - it says sexually abusing children is. 

Just because someone with a chronic illness appears to be ok does not mean that we're not in excruciating pain and experiencing extreme exhaustion. We're just good at acting fine, as to not inflict our misery on others. Also, saying that you hope we get better soon or find a cure soon is not helpful and can feel hurtful. For many of us, there is no cure and even no better. There's just learning to cope with our illness and praying for a little relief every now and then.

Thank you for hearing what I'm saying. I hope I don't have to say it again.

Sincerely,
A Person Who is Tired of Saying These Things Over and Over

Comments

Popular Posts