a snarky [moment]: camp day eight

[moment 186] 

Some camp days are less eventful than others. I'm learning that down time isn't necessarily a bad thing, and even doing laundry and running errands can be made into pleasant experiences.

It was day eight of camp for us and day six for my parents, and they needed the Steyer Laundry Service - and we had laundry and blankets and towels to wash. So I headed to Bible Study and then returned to pick up a young adult or two to run some errands and they both bailed on me (for perfectly good reasons). 

So I went by myself to do laundry and a bit of shopping. 

Once at the laundromat, I realized I hadn't eaten lunch and was in desperate need of salt. I calculated that I had just enough time to run to the nearest purveyor of gluten free fries and get back when the washers were just about done. 

Fries consumed on the way back to the laundromat, I switched the clothes to the dryer and went back to my van to attempt to catch up on email and facebook and all the things. Soon enough, it was time to check the dryers and determine that another twenty minutes was needed. 

Laundry dry, sorted, and ready to go, I then headed to the liquor store to pick up some Dungeons and Dragons themed beverages, mainly Kraken rum for Mal and a couple bottles of wine for when my husband arrives. 

Upon putting on my mask in the parking lot before entering the store, a disgruntled man approached me and asked why I was still wearing a mask. Realizing that anything that I said was going to be received  badly, being tired of explaining my medical issues to strangers, and feeling a bit snarky, I said...

"I have a compromised immune system, which means I'm susceptible to getting all sorts of strange diseases and I wear a mask so I don't pass them on to others." 

For some reason the man backed away from me and immediately went on his way. 

So much for an uneventful day. 

Cards Against Humanity was fairly eventful as well. 


Comments

  1. Because I have the plague and without it, I would be breathing on you. A lot.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts