[a moment] for me: camp day nine

 

[moment 187]

I can't believe I survived.

We left after Bible Study, driving the hour and twenty minutes to Portland, Maine. It took forever and a half and a slight nervous breakdown because my brain doesn't do one way streets and parallel parking a fifteen passenger van and traffic, but I found a parking spot about halfway between where we were getting lunch and where we wanted to shop. 

The food from Empire Chinese Kitchen was delicious. I especially enjoyed the gluten free dumplings. 

After a lunch in our van, we walked to Arcana, our usual first stop,. Then onto Casablanca Comics and Earthbound and Cool As a Moose and finally to Beal's for an ice cream treat and LOTS of water before heading back to our van. 

Everyone got something, and we even picked out some things for Onyx and Eris and Jim. 

Everyone got something. Even me. 

I usually don't get things for myself. I see things that I really like and then talk myself out of them. I could make it ... or find it in a thrift shop ... or I just don't need it ... or... or... or...

But today was different. I wanted dumplings in addition to my meal, so we got some to share. I saw an acorn necklace and loved it and wanted it as soon as I saw it and I bought it. Austen and Mal wanted ice cream, so I treated myself to a root beer float that I knew I wouldn't be able to finish because I was thirsty and it sounded good. 

And then I crutched my way back to our van, nearly dying from the amount of bubbles in my body as a result of the root beer float, and from the amount of pain I was in from all the walking. But I did it. 


Comments

  1. Oh I like Portland Maine, Reminds me of lobster rolls and some great chowder. Yum, I want to go back

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts