stop for a [moment]: camp day seven

 

[moment 185]

We made reservations for the three of us to go to Squam Lake Natural Science Center at 12:30PM. I had a migraine, but medication and resting all morning led to enough improvement that I was able to go. Mal, suffering from too many bug bites and too little rest, decided to stay home.

So off Austen and I went, stopping to mail cards to Onyx on our way. Reaching the four way stop near the Conference Center just before another vehicle, we realized the other vehicle was that of my parents. We continued, and I decided to give them a call. They were headed to our campsite to see what we were up to, so I asked if they'd like to join us on our journey, and they said they'd follow us,. 

We had a wonderful, if tiring time at the Science Center. They say it's a 3/4 mile trail, but my mom and I don't quite believe that. There were hills, too, which definitely could have been less hilly. But we got to see lots of animals, many of them napping, and spend some time together. It was a beautiful day.

There were plenty of moments of that day that could have had derailed plans or led to negative experiences, but we made the best of the difficulties we encountered. We joked. We complained (in good humor). We held space for each others' needs. 

And next time we'll eat beforehand and bring water. 

Comments

  1. Is that a coyote that you got a picture of? I am super impressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The coyote decided to pose for a photo session. Austen got better photos than I did.

      Delete
  2. Is that a coyote that you got a picture of? I am super impressed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts