[a moment] to smell the roses

[moment 202]

We got back from vacation on Sunday and we right back in the swing of things on Monday.

I did some early morning unpacking and then Mal and I headed to Naugatuck so she could mow lawns and I could visit with my parents. Then it was back home for more unpacking and cooking dinner. 

The next morning I brought Eris to the dentist and then I went to the cancer center for my infusion of medication for psoriatic arthritis.

As I was walking back to my van post-infusion, I strolled through the serene space set up right outside and spent a moment taking in the sound of the fountain and the beauty of the flowers. It was then that I realized how much tension I was holding in my body - the tension of all there was to do and deal with and accomplish ... the tension of everyday living that wasn't there so much for two and a half weeks. 

It was a wonderful reminder to literally take time to smell the roses; to seek out the serene moments and moments of beauty amongst the stresses of "real life."


Comments

  1. Oh lord I am ready for my infusion of Rituxan next week. I can barely wait and I am so hoping for next week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts