[a moment] to offer kindness: camp day ten

[moment 188]

It's the day before Onyx gets out of Camp and also the day before Eris and Jim arrive. And so I clean up, organize, run to the store for another fan and a few necessities, and at some point realize that our trusty tent is on its last legs.

In the evening, we settle in for some Dungeons and Dragons. 

At one point, after a battle that left me with few hit points and lots of healing to do, we tried to move on, only to hear loud, ground-shaking drumming or thudding that gets fast and faster. No knowing what else to do, my fairy cake character named Seraph Potts (Mrs. Potts), yelled, "Would anyone like some tea?" The noise and shaking stopped and a huge face peered down, accepting my invitation.

Sometimes we expect the worst, and if we just stop and offer up a little kindness, things might change for the better. Not only did I end up having a nice cup of tea and conversation with a chocolate covered pretzel being, I also possibly gained an ally and perhaps even a bunch of creatures to help on our quest. 


Comments

Popular Posts