[a moment] with Norman

[moment 78]

We're a one car family at the moment. Thankfully my husband works 10ish minutes away. I say 10ish because it all depends on traffic and school busses and lots of things.

On Mondays our fourteen year old has theater rehearsals an hour away. My husband gets out of work at 4:30PM and rehearsal is at 5:30PM. If we were to wait to leave until he got home, Onyx would definitely be late for rehearsal. So this past Monday we decided that it would be best if I drove him to work and then we picked him up for work and drove directly to rehearsal. 

After dropping Onyx off (with minutes to spare), and dropping off Mal and Fynn at Fynn's house, Jim and I went on a little date- something we haven't done in ages. We ordered food from one of our favorite restaurants, then went to get coffee. But the road to coffee was closed due to a fire. We took some backroads and attempted to approach coffee from the other end of the road - that was closed as well. We settled for sodas from the grocery store, as I needed caffeine for my migraine.

We picked up our food and headed to the theater parking lot. 

There, we set up my computer on the dashboard and watched City Slickers while enjoying a meal together. It wasn't your conventional date, but it was nice to just sit and eat and watch and chat. And for some reason I'd completely forgotten about Norman, not having seen the movie in years. And as we watched, we joked about one of the kids growing up to be Mysterio and one of the main characters changing his name and turning to a life of crime. 

Comments

Popular Posts