[a moment] that turns into an hour

[moment 89]

I have OCD. Part of my OCD is getting an idea in my head and needing to make that idea happen and then needing it to happen so that everything is right where it needs to be. Technology has both helped this and made it more complicated. 

For example, I created merchandise for a nonprofit that a friend volunteers with and I've helped out with a few things. I added the merchandise to my Clothes for a Cause (or Two) store. When I did so, I noticed that the banner at the top was drab and could use some updating. I'm obsessed with owls at the moment, so decided to add some owls and some color to the background. But then I needed to get the owls in just the right places. 

So I took the image, uploaded it, determined in which direction the owls needed to move, went back to the image, moved the owls, saved, downloaded, uploaded, determined in which direction the owls needed to move, went back to the image, moved the owls, saved, downloaded, uploaded, etc. Nineteen times. 


Finally, the owls were perched perfectly...or so I thought. 

It dawned on me that many people would be using phones, not computers, to access the store. The tiny owl was in an awkward place on the banner on the phone. Luckily it only took a few more tweaks to get it so that it looked good to me on both computer and phone. 

What could have taken me minutes took over an hour. Because OCD. 

Comments

Popular Posts