[a moment] of stressful gratitude

[moment 72]

I have trauma from hearing the sound of trees breaking and crashing to the ground. I got to listen to that sound all day, as crews finally removed dead trees from the property line between our house and the neighbor at the end of the road. 

I was incredibly grateful that the trees were being removed, but each crack and splinter caused me immense stress.

We have been trying for years to get someone to cut down the trees. The arborists we contacted wouldn't touch them because there was a utility pole in the middle of them. The city didn't respond to our pleas. The electric company indicated at one point that it was the city's problem, not theirs. So when a gentleman arrived at my door saying his crew was going to take down the trees, I was ecstatic. 

It's amazing that so much gratitude can accompany such monumental stress. 

Comments

Popular Posts