[a moment] when my heart breaks


[moment 68]

There is so much hate, war, suffering going on in the world. Too much. 

I stay as informed as I can about all the things, but often it's just ... too much.

Moment after moment of my day is filled with heartbreak.

My heart breaks for LGBTQIA+ people and those who love and support them and fight for their right to exist, to say gay, to receive proper healthcare, and to exist equally and equitably.

My heart breaks for the people of Ukraine, of Syria, of Afghanistan, of all places where war exists and for all people who are displaced from their homes and their cultures and their families.

My heart breaks for people of color and the inherent and blatant racism they endure in this country and beyond. For the struggle in the simple act of existing in a culture where innocent until proven guilty and liberty & justice for all is only for those with white skin and social status. 

So I stay informed and involved while at the same time seeking out the helpers and the doers and the moments of hope and comfort amidst the too muchness. 

A broken heart is a call to action, an appeal for compassion, an invitation into hope. A broken heart lets you know there is work to be done in the world and within yourself. 

Comments

Popular Posts