Rescheduling [Adventure]

[Adventure 304]

Some adventures just have to wait. 

Due to covid in the house, I had to reschedule my cerebrospinal fluid leak test. I called two different departments and left messages and didn't hear back. A couple days later I called the main hospital number, explained what I needed, got transferred to the comprehensive spine center, chatted with someone there, got transferred to the neurosurgeon's office, conversed with someone there, got transferred to otolaryngology (ENT), talked with someone there, got transferred to nuclear medicine and spoke with an incredibly helpful (if someone frustrated) person who rescheduled seven appointments out of eight. Then it was back to speaking with the ENT office. I told the person I spoke to that the last time I spoke to a specific person who handled fitting me in and she said she'd contact that person and call me back.

Thirty-seven minutes. Six people. 

That person called me back to get details and said she'd call me back. 

I waited, hoping that she'd be able to talk the doctor into fitting me in. 

And waited. 

And waited.

In the meantime we got negative test result after negative test result. 

And still I waited. 

And finally the next afternoon messages came rolling in, followed quickly by a phone call. Everything was rescheduled again to get the ENT on board. But finally I have appointments and a plan. 

Now to stay covid-19 free!


Comments

Popular Posts