Automated [Adventure]

 [Adventure 282]

I often call the pharmacy to get medications refilled. Our pharmacy has an automated system that apparently hates me. Now, I know you're going to say that automated systems aren't capable of hate, but I must tell you that it's either that, or their entire phone system. 

Take my most recent call for example...

The first time I called I answered the prompts, entered the birth date, enunciated the prescription number, entered the prescription number on the keypad, and then was cut off when making the third attempt with the prescription number. I then chose the option to talk with a pharmacist and as soon as they said hello, the phone disconnected.

I did this little dance a second time.

And a third. 

Every time I got to the point when I could talk to a human, it hung up. 

The fourth time Mx. Automated told me the prescription number could not be found. And hung up on me.

The fifth time I finally got to talk to a person. A helpful person. A person who looked up the number and mercifully informed me they could have the prescription ready within a few hours. 

After hanging up the phone I realized that my sixteen year old had been in and out of the room as I was saying emphatic yesses and no!s in an increasingly frustrated manner into my phone for no apparent reason before saying "hell..." as I was cut off before getting the end of the word out, and then exclaiming, "why are you doing this to me???"  

8:16AM and mom's already lost her mind.

Comments

Popular Posts