[Adventures] in Not Coping Very Well

 [Adventure 303]

Things I did when I found out my husband has covid-19:

  • tried not to panic
  • panicked anyway
  • tried to act like I'm not panicking
  • did covid-19 math to calculate when he might have started to be contagious, when I might have caught it if I did, etc.
  • figured out that covid math is difficult, confusing, and not very useful
  • contacted people to cancel, reschedule, notify, etc.
  • made seventy bajillion covid test appointments for myself and my children
  • realized two of my children were dog sitting and changed their appointments to a site nearer to them
  • drove all over creation to get the two least likely to have covid (the dog sitters) tested and then later to a safe location away from those of us with an increased likelihood of having covid
  • watched many Christmas movies
  • stayed up much too late stress cleaning and organizing
I'd like to say that, days later, I'm doing better, but I'm waiting for covid test results for the rest of the family, so stress levels are still high.

Comments

Popular Posts