Office [Adventure]

[Adventure 295]

My husband and I had the best offices for three days this month. 

We spent Monday evening through Friday morning at Camp Calumet, on the shores of Lake Ossipee. Every morning I arose before dawn and made my way to a picnic table or benches to get some online volunteer work done where the wifi was somewhat functional.

I'd do a combination of working and taking photos and just taking in the sunrise and the peace. Sometimes I'd bring coffee. Other times my husband would be up not quite as early and bring me some.

During the day we'd both work on making signs and things on the picnic tables outside of our cabin. 

The view was gorgeous, as was the weather the entire time we were there.

Most evenings I'd check email and social media as well, as there's a lot happening, especially with the refugee resettlement ministry with which I volunteer. Wednesday night I had a meeting and attempted Zoom on my laptop, but the internet was too unstable. 


I soon switched to my phone. I was in charge of the closing meditation and decided to give our New Start Ministry members a view of the sunset lake while leaving them with 1John 3:18...

Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action. 

I'll go back to that office space anytime, but perhaps I'll trade the picnic table bench for a more comfortable seat. 

Comments

Popular Posts