The [Adventure] of Being Left to My Own Devices

 

[Adventure 306]

My husband has covid-19 and is isolated in our daughter's basement room while she's at her partner's house. This means I'm doing the cooking, cleaning, errands (online mostly), and everything else that goes into running a household. 

And I'm running a massive fundraiser for New Start Ministry CT AND we have a family of four arriving any day now for resettlement. 

But left to my own devices, I also opened up a merch shop to help with the refugee resettlement fundraising. Then added a couple items to raise a little money for our church. And a Rannygahoots offering as well. It's called CLOTHES FOR A CAUSE (OR TWO) .

And I added a bunch of stuff to the New Start CT website to help people find out about the New Start 10K and/or make donations more easily. And started an amazon.com wishlist as well. And, while I was at it, I gave this blog a new look as well. 

I watch Christmas movies and forget to eat and take my meds and I stay up much too late. 

I do dishes at midnight while I'm heating up my heating pad for my back in preparation for going to bed and then see something that has to be cleaned up and then think of one more thing I need to do online and then it's 2AM and I'm finally climbing into bed. 

Left to my own devices there's no one to remind me that time exists and that I might be tired and that I could die if I don't take my meds on time. There's no one to help calm my OCD brain or make going to bed seem like something warm and cozy and cuddly. And there's no one to make me breakfast in the morning so I can take my meds ....so I hit snooze way too many times in my sleep. 

I miss my husband. I miss his encouragement and his kindness and how he takes care of me. I miss being able to talk to him as I move through my day. 

His isolation is over soon and for that I am grateful. Not only because I need a break from feeling like there's a neverending list of things that needs to be done and not enough help to do it, but because I miss his comforting, loving presence. 

And I need to get back to going to bed at a decent hour. 

Comments

Popular Posts