[Adventures] in Mishearing - or Not

[Adventure 325]

This is how my day started:


It took me a moment to realize that I hadn't misheard, that was exactly what they said - and it was completely fine (and legal). Really.

Let me explain...when we have perfectly good bottles in our house, we reuse them for other purposes. A particularly attractive tequila bottle has been reused to house simple syrup, originally when we were making our own fresh lemonade this past Summer and into the Autumn. Now the kids like it for their tea, iced coffee, etc.

Later in the day this happened:

We finish dropping donations off at Savers.
Onyx: "Did she just say, 'Thank you on behalf of my brother's big sister?'"
The rest of us: *burst out laughing*
No, she said, "Thank you on behalf of Big Brothers Big Sisters."
But what you said is better...'Thank you on behalf of my brother's big sister ... which is me. I'm the oldest. Thank you on behalf of me.'

I love my family! 

Comments

Popular Posts