[Adventures] in Not Being Able to Catch a Break

 

[Adventure 321]

I have a jaw infection and am in excruciating pain.

The pharmacy ran out of my antibiotics and gave me seven pills for a prescription that's taken four times a day. They said they won't be able to fill it until at least noon three days later. That math doesn't add up - that's around thirty-six hours without meds that need to be taken four times a day. This can be life-threatening to a person on medications that compromise my immune system like I am, as infections can get out of control quickly. 

My check engine light is on in my van and I need to get it fixed asap. I've had to reschedule many previously rescheduled medical appointments that I now can't get to. 

I was excited to do some Christmas shopping, but now that money will go to fixing the van. 

My cell phone won't charge properly. My computer keeps telling me it's unplugged and the battery is draining even when it's plugged in. I have a long list of things I need to get done, but those things require me to not be in extreme pain and/or to have a vehicle. 

I'm behind on life, my house is a wreck, and I can't function well enough with my intolerable pain levels to accomplish much of anything. 

And now, as if it just wants to get in on the action, my ancient refrigerator is intermittently making strange noises. 

My plan? Pray the pharmacy has the medication today; watch a youtube video on how to fix our van and hope that my husband is able to accomplish the task; use the coupons in my email to order gifts for three people - gifts that would normally cost $30 each - for $10 each and be grateful I was at least able to do that much.

 I'll deal with the things I can and everything else will have to wait. And while I wait, I'll watch Christmas movies. 

Comments

Popular Posts