[Adventures] in Busy Uncertainty

[Adventure 305]

(Written on 10/29/2021, as the news was sinking in.)

Today could be the day. Or tomorrow. Or sometime later this week. 

We most likely won't know until they're on their way. Usually that means a week or two. This time it could be twenty four hours. This is the uncertainty of refugee resettlement in 2021. 

There are so many Afghan asylees already in the United States who are waiting for a home to go to. We were asked to take a family days before we were to meet to give the green light  to just that. An email went out. We sent our separate responses. Mine was yes. 

Yes, I would love to welcome a family to a new home. Yes, I'm available, as my medical testing was moved to December 1 and I just tested covid-19 negative. Yes, I'm ready to welcome the busy-ness that is the first month of the refugee resettlement process. 

I don't know what I'm doing this time around. I haven't navigated the Department of Social Services application process for an asylee family during the pandemic. I'm sure I'll have guidance from IRIS and will figure it out as I go along. 

I may not have time to write much during the next few weeks, but will do my best.

If you'd like to help us give a family a New Start, find out more at www.newstartministryct.org

Buy merch here:https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/LNOPR60B0ZRQ?ref_=wl_share

Check out our amazon wishlist:https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/LNOPR60B0ZRQ?ref_=wl_share

Join our virtual run/walk/nap $10K fundraiser: https://www.newstartministryct.org/newstart10k

Comments

Popular Posts