Interesting [Adventure]

[Adventure 40]

What do you get when you cross Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and a medication that makes your already poor poor impulse control worse? 

What happens is an interest becomes an adventure. 

Once upon a time I embarked on a Uke [Adventure] I became interested in ukuleles, but couldn't settle for just one. I got a baritone, a tenor, then a soprano Then all I needed was a concert ukulele. In looking for one, I also started looking at mandolins. Somehow a mandolin found its way to our house. 

My husband says I can't get any more because we've run out of wall space. I say that there are always other walls...

Things like this happen all the time. I get interested in something and then go down the rabbit hole of obsession. I spend hours researching and learning and discovering and creating. I have a thought such as, 'what would remodeling our kitchen cost?' and then stay up most of the night researching and exploring options. 

Some of the things I get interested in are creative pursuits, some have more to do with gaining skills, and some expand on things I already enjoy. The key for me is to channel my OCD into positive pursuits - and that I'm an incredibly frugal person, so although I may acquire more items than perhaps I need, at least I don't break the bank doing so. 


Comments

Popular Posts