[Adventure] in Comfort

[Adventure 41]

There are days when it's all I can do to make it out of the comfort of my bed to take care of the bare necessities. It is on those days that I crave things that exude comfort and coziness - but in order to get them, I need to exert energy I don't have. 

On my better days, I have been mindful of preparing comfy things ahead of time and learning to make the things I'd normally go out to get. I learned to make espresso and homemade cinnamon dolce syrup for homemade macchiatos. I even make espresso and put it in a bottle in my fridge for quick iced macchiatos. And to make super simple cinnamon sugar popovers. I even learned how to make Dole whip just in case I need a more refreshing treat. 

As strange as it sounds, broccoli has been one of my comfort foods as of late. Just the other night, as the children ate ice cream, I consumed a big bowl of broccoli. 

My next adventure in comfort, I think, is going to be to learn to make French onion soup. I've been craving it so much lately, and the store is always out of the gluten free varieties. 

Beyond comfort foods, I have also made my bed a sanctuary - with lots of pillows, snuggly blankets, and heating pads. I'm surrounded by my favorite photos, works of art, and fairy lights. I even have a mini-fridge next to my bed that contains medical necessities and healthy snacks. And my latest acquisition of comfort is the complete collection of M*A*S*H on dvd - something that not only I like to watch, but that also promotes other family members snuggling in bed with me watching their favorite episodes. 

And I always have a few books, medications, and a water bottle within reach.

Staying in bed due to chronic illness can be depressing, so I do my best to make it as comfy and cozy as possible. 


Comments

Popular Posts