Candlemas [Adventure]

[Adventure 35]

We just put away Christmas decorations this week. This is the first time we've waited until Candlemas to pack up Christmas instead of doing so on Epiphany.

Why did we wait so long? 

Because my husband said we could. 

And because we're still in the midst of a pandemic. 

And, to be completely honest, because I LOVE Christmas. 

The day before Candlemas I watched Christmas movies all day while sipping a homemade cinnamon macchiato, battling a migraine, and weathering a snowstorm. I even found the energy to make cinnamon sugar popovers.

Various family members joined me for different movies - Eloise at Christmastime attracted the youngest member of our family, Klaus various others. Emmet Otter, especially the bloopers at the end of the dvd, is always a hit with just about everyone. 

I do have to say that the snowstorm was nicely timed. It provided White Christmas vibes and my husband's work shut down for the day, so he had the day off.

Now that Christmas is finally over, our quarantree has been transformed from a Christmas tree to a Birthday tree in preparation for Alia's thirteenth birthday. In March, it may have more of Spring vibe. My kids are already looking forward to decorating the tree for October. I have a feeling that the quarantree will be up until next Candlemas, at least. 



Comments

Popular Posts