Fifty Days of [Adventure]

[Adventure 50]

This is the fiftieth blog post I've posted this year and the fiftieth day of the year. I wasn't planning on posting every day, but we'll see what happens from here on out. It would be interesting to experience and share three hundred sixty five adventures this year. 

There aren't many things other than things I've done every day for a year, other than the things that one does every day such as eating, taking care of bodily functions, sleeping. Well, not sleeping. I definitely don't do that 365 times in a year! 

For over a year now there is something I have done every day - I've learned Spanish through the Duolingo app. I admit that sometimes I phone it in (pun intended) and do an easy lesson just to get it out of the way for a day. I definitely could have put more effort in on a daily basis and learned more than I have thus far, but I'm doing pretty well. I may even be better than I was in high school after four years of Spanish. 

Writing every day for the past fifty days has been very centering. It has helped me realize that it's the little things that happen in life that are the real adventures. Sometimes it's just a moment out of your day that makes all the difference; that puts a smile on your face or makes you laugh; that forces you to stop and think; that pushes you to do something kind for someone; that begs you to be kind to yourself. 

Here's to another fifty days of adventure - whether or not I blog them all!


Comments

Popular Posts