What Are You [Seek]ing?


Our pastor's sermon began with the question, "What are you looking for?"

Several things sprang immediately to mind: peace, a nap, answers, help.

Let's just say I wasn't in the best of physical or mental health that day. I was exhausted, in pain, frustrated at not knowing what was going on with my health, and just wanting a break from dealing with it all. 

Then I got to thinking...

I think we're all seeking peace. Peace of mind that things will be ok. Peace in our families. Peace in our world. 

We could all use some rest. More rest. More time for true rest - not just to sit down for a few minutes, but really rest our bodies, minds, and spirits. 

Most of us are also seeking answers. Answers to health issues. Answers to where we're supposed to be going on this journey we call life. Answers to the many whys of life. 

And who isn't looking for help? Help with things we need to learn and things that need to be done; help with figuring out our priorities and realizing our dreams. 

What am I looking for?

I'm looking for community. 

I'm looking for people who help and uplift each other; who share their time and talents freely with others; who work together toward a common goal; who learn and grow together; who explore what it is to walk together on this planet in harmony with each other and the earth; who celebrate differences; and who challenge each other to be better human beings. I seek people who work toward justice and peace; who support each other; who help each other keep the Sabbath, whatever that looks like for each individual; who are helpers and doers and knowledge sharers and light-givers.

What are you seeking?

Comments

Popular Posts