[Seek] Something to Pass the Time


I found myself done with errands earlier than expected and with an hour left to go before the meeting. It was 5:30PM and I wasn't anywhere near a restaurant with gluten free offerings nor did I want to spend that kind of money. Migraine reduced to a dull roar by rest and caffeine, I wasn't up for window shopping or hanging out somewhere noisy. 

Remembering a coffee shop nearby, I decided to head there in hopes of finding a relatively quiet space to sit for a while and sip something caffeinated. Cinnamon bliss latte in hand, I made my way to a table, regretting my choice to leave my computer at home. 

And so here I sit, doing my best to not swear aloud as I type - badly - on my phone. Why does phone autocorrect to phine on my phone? Why can't my phone learn that the n or b I keep putting in between words is supposed to be a space? I greatly dislike typing on my phone. 

I sit near the door, facing the door, yet hidden by a sign advertising Le French Toast Cafe Latte. My OCD determines where I can sit in a coffee shop or restaurant - never with my back to the door, preferably with no one behind me, against a wall if at all possible. 

I attempt to unobtrusively take a photo of my cup. Of course, someone decides to stock shelves of coffee in front of me as soon as my camera is on. I look at the time, hoping I can go soon. I don't want to be late, but I don't want to be too early either. OCD again.

I'm getting better at doing things on my own when I have time to spare...and at not feeling guilty for treating myself every once in a while. 

Comments

Popular Posts