[Seek] Bobber Trees, Grabby Sticks, and Mud


It was just the two of us, so we decided to try something new.

I had been down with a migraine for days, and still not feeling too well, decided I needed to enjoy a short, easy hike. I found somewhere close, relatively flat, and just under a mile and a half. 


Upon setting out for a hike, we came across a tree with a few fishing bobbers in it. A little way down the trail we encountered another, and then another. The bobbers had been placed in the trees, curious, but entertaining. We also found bobbers and lures lost in higher branches stretching over the lake in prime fishing spots. 

The lake's beauty accented by the gorgeous sky, we stopped often to take pictures. 

Some places on the trail were muddier than others, requiring stepping from rock to root to downed branch in order to avoid getting mired in the muck. 

We encountered other obstacles, like the grabby sticks that bit into my sweater or attached themselves to my slacks and slippery slopes that provided a bit more adventure than I was looking for. At one point I do believe my husband sang a little ditty entitled, "This Isn't Sketchy At All." 


Migraine making a comeback, I struggled a bit at the end. But the beauty we witnessed, the laughs we shared, and the time well spent together was completely worth it. 

Comments

Popular Posts