[Seek] Moments that Make All the Difference


When my friend Josh's name popped up on my phone screen, I was worried. He usually texts, rarely calls. Was something wrong? With him? His wife? I answered his call, concerned. 

"Is everything ok?" was his question for me. I was confused for a few seconds, as this was the question I was about to ask him. "Um...yes...?" 

He was concerned about me, as he saw my van at the side of the road, an hour from home. He wanted to make sure I hadn't broken down or wasn't having some sort of emergency. 

I assured him I was fine, just parked in front of the church in which my refugee resettlement ministry was meeting. I thanked him for his concern and for taking the time to call.

His one simple act touched my heart and changed my day.

I was tired. Not just tired, but soul-crushingly exhausted. I was, in all actuality, not ok. I was holding on by a thread and had a mood to match. It was a day of putting everyone and everything else first when what I really needed was some sort of self-care. Or someone to take care of me.

One seconds-long phone call, a moment of care, made all the difference. Knowing someone had my back, was looking out for me, brought me a sense of wellbeing I'd not felt all day.  

Comments

Popular Posts