[Seek] Rhythm


Routine is something that has never worked well for our family. We are a creative, fairly spontaneous, bunch. Well, my children are. I like to have a plan. But then things never go to plan, so I don't know why I bother. 

What I would like, however, is to seek a rhythm to our days that works for us. 

I'm the first to admit that it's difficult to get going in the morning. I don't want to emerge from the warmth and comfort of my bed. I don't want the intense pain that comes with getting my body moving each morning. However, I know that once I get moving, I feel a bit better physically and much better mentally. Accomplishing things, no matter how small, boosts my mood. 

I know this will be a process, as there are seven of us living in this house, all of whom will most definitely have a different idea as to what sort of rhythm works best for themselves. Hopefully we can agree on the basics. 

Incorporating time to focus on health and maintaining a clean-ish house each day, coming together as a family each week, and working on a home improvement project each month are things I hope to weave into the rhythm of our lives. 

Comments

Popular Posts