just [a moment]

 


[moment 113]

Setting: afternoon in Five Below

Child: What happened to them?

Parent: I don't...

Child: Maybe they passed out.

Parent: Prob...

Child: I passed out once! I was with Aunt...

Parent: You what?

And they walked away as the child described their adventure in passing out at their aunt's house. 

Moments earlier, Onyx had grunted in reply to a question and I noticed a certain glazed look in their eyes. I grabbed their arm and they laid themself down on the floor as if they were just taking a short nap right there in the middle of the store. Quite literally in the middle of the store. 

They don't remember the question I asked or even laying down. An episode of syncope (passing out) can do that to a person - ah, the joys of dysautonomia. 

Comments

Popular Posts