[a moment] to hope

 


[moment 114]

Time is approaching for my second injection of a new medication I'll be taking weekly in hopes that it will help me lose weight. I'm obese. I do not have diabetes. I eat a healthy diet. But I have mobility issues and have been unable to do the physical activities I once did, like hiking regularly.  I'm on multiple medications that cause weight gain and have multiple illnesses that cause muscle weakness and exhaustion. All of these conspire to make it incredibly difficult not to gain weight. 

This new medication brings me hope. Not hope for a quick fix, but hope for something that helps me get out of the downward spiral my health has been on for the past few years.  Something that helps my other new medication do what it needs to do. 

It will be a while before we know if I can tolerate the medication and if it works for me, but I can hope...

Comments

Popular Posts