[a moment] of worry and of relief

 

[moment 106]

Sitting in the parking lot waiting for my daughter to be done with her job interview was more nerve wracking that I thought it would be. I knew that she would be fine and would do great. It was the interviewer, the company, and the companies policies that I worried about. Certain worries come with having a transgender daughter. Will they be accepting and supportive in ways that go beyond policies and lip service? Will they seriously consider her as a good candidate for the job or will they pass her over simply because of who she is? 

And then I thought - she deserves a workplace that doesn't come with any of the worries, so if her being who she is is cause for them not to hire her, then perhaps they shouldn't. 

Nevertheless, when she got into the car and excitedly described the interview, how the interviewer asked her pronouns, and heard all the good things she had to say, I was very much relieved. 

Comments

Popular Posts