missing [moments]

[moment 52]

I've been missing a lot of moments lately. Important ones. 

On our youngest's fourteenth birthday, we rented a private theater so that we could watch a movie together in relative safety. We had popcorn and candy and soda. My parents joined us. It was a movie everyone wanted to see. 

And I missed it.

Well, most of it. I just could not stay awake. And when I was awake, I was in severe pain. It was a murder mystery, so I had no idea what was going on at all. When I was finally with it enough to pay attention, it was toward the end of the movie, so I now know how it ends, but not how they got from the beginning to the ending.  

I know my kids have little to no idea I missed anything and in the grand scheme of things, it didn't affect anyone else's enjoyment of the movie or the day. But, frankly, it sucked for me. I want to go out and do things and be able to enjoy them. And stay awake for them. I want to spend quality time with my family and have the energy to do so. 

I'm blessed to have a family that takes care of the things I'm no longer able to. The cake Austen made was phenomenal both in design and in taste. 

Jim took a half day of work to be there. Mal and Fynn made sure they were able to join the fun. Everyone took care of getting dinner while I was in an online meeting I'd forgotten was that day. 

I can no longer do and make and be everything I want to, but I'm blessed with an understanding family and with talented offspring who do what they can to make special days all that much more special. 


Comments

Popular Posts