[a moment] of inspiration

 


[moment 38]

They bought a box at a thrift shop - somewhere to store their medications and medical supplies and have them easily accessible on a shelf near their bed.

When they decided to paint it, I gathered supplies right away, as it's always good to follow inspiration when it beckons. I somehow became in charge of painting the main portion of the box in a gray color they custom mixed while they did some art on the top of the box. 

Partway through, they discovered that the gray closely matched the bins containing their clothes (behind them) and the purple hombre of the top of the box, the collection of shoes on the bottom shelf. 

Random exclamations of "I love painting!" and "I forgot how much I love painting" punctuated the otherwise quiet of our painting session. 

The next day, Onyx greeted me not with a good morning, but with a "I need things to paint." I directed them to the shelves of things to paint and they got to work collecting more painting supplies from their room and working on various projects. 

It's amazing how one moment of inspiration can lead to renewed passion. 

Comments

Popular Posts