[a moment] can turn into an adventure

[moment 53]

My sister and I had a great idea to do something for my parents for their fiftieth anniversary. That one moment of wanting to celebrate such a huge milestone turned into quite the adventure. 

There was the coordination of retrieving and receiving gifts, photos, messages, and videos from friends and family; many trips to pick up photos; ordering a cake; getting gluten free cupcakes; and travel arrangements for my sister and one of her offspring. And a ton of other things including putting together a scrapbook, making some art, obtaining a couple dozen anniversary cards and matching them to emails and messages from people; and so much more.

The day finally came when my sister and my nibling would arrive ... and the flight from Chicago to Windsor Locks was delayed. And then delayed some more. We had to figure out how to get a message to our Dad, who knew Jen and H were visiting for the weekend, that the flight was late and not to wait up for them. So I called, confirmed I wasn't on speaker, and quickly let him know before changing the subject to the possibility of needing suitcases if they had extras for something completely different so my mom wouldn't catch on. 

The plane finally took off over two hours late and finally landed at around 10:30PM. 

At around midnight, we snuck into my parents' house, set up balloons, and Jim and Onyx, who were along for the adventure, and I finally got to head home while the Kays headed to bed. 

One last stop for gas and salty snacks, and we were finally on our way home - only to be up five hours later to finish preparing for the days' festivities. 


Comments

Popular Posts