[a moment] or two with a thrift store find

[moment 49]

As usual, I forgot to take before pictures. But before, this wooden box shaped like two books looked like two books, but with paint worn or chipped off in various places. 

As soon as I saw it on the thrift store shelf, I knew it would be perfect for storing and rolling dice. So home with me it came. 

I only planned on spending a half hour or so repainting the box, but after the basecoat, I began adding embellishments to one of the "books." I wanted to make the other book look older and different, so I began that process on the other book. I tried one thing, didn't like it, and repainted. Before I knew it, hours had passed.

Then I needed to add something to line the inside of the box to cushion the dice rolls a bit. I'd considered felt, but then found a thin square of cork that worked out perfectly.

Some days I just need to go wherever creativity takes me. 

Comments

Popular Posts