[a moment] of creativity

[moment 41]

A moment of creative inspiration can turn into an afternoon of artistic expression. 

We play a lot of Dungeons and Dragons in my family. There are usually at least two campaigns going on at any time, sometimes as many four or five. I'm currently playing in two campaigns - a cleric in one and a wizard/cleric in another. 

As there are usually eight of us playing and space is limited, laying out my many spell cards used up every inch of my real estate at the table. One of my children offered me a solution one night - an old pokemon card binder. It had a plasticky cover that was in need of repair in a few places, but had pages containing clear pockets for four cards on each page inside that were an appropriate size for my spell cards. I took time that evening to organize my spell cards in it and found it very useful during game play. 

The next day, Onyx and I were listening to the I Take My Coffee Black by Tyler Merritt audiobook and they were painting things. In a moment of inspiration, I grabbed the binder, some brown paper, and some glue and got to work.

Several audiobook chapters later, it was done - a now appropriate-looking spell book. 

A moment of creative inspiration transformed into an afternoon where creative inspiration intertwined with Tyler Merritt's inspirational, informative, and entertaining words. My time was well spent hanging out with Onyx (and Tyler) and following artistic whimsy wherever it took me.

Comments

Popular Posts