[Snowman] Adventure



[Adventure 155]

All I remember is that there was a LOT of snow and someone said, "why don't you go out and build a snowman?" 

The snow was perfect snowman snow. As soon as my sister and I started rolling the ball of snow, it accumulated layers quickly. As the ball grew, so did our excitement. We started a second ball so we could both work on one. Eventually they got big enough that they were difficult to push.

At one point, I accidentally rolled my snake scarf into the giant snowball and, giving it a big shove, it took me with it. I rolled over the top of it, and then it rolled over me. On my back in the snow under a very heavy ball of snow, I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe. 

My Dad came to the rescue to get the snowball off of me. He helped us maneuver the giant snow boulders to just the right spot in the backyard and pack more snow onto them. He then stacked one on top of the other with our help and we got to work on the snowperson's head. 

My sister and I may have gotten into a small argument over who got to make the head, when it was determined that our snowperson could be four snowballs high instead of the traditional three. That's when my Dad went into the house for the stepladder. 

That was truly the largest snowman we ever built - as tall is my sister and I combined. That's one childhood adventure I won't ever forget!

Comments

Popular Posts