Golden [Adventure]

 

[Adventure 171]

We went to a play called Golden Revolution at Epoch Arts in East Hampton, CT. My other daughter was in the play. 

It was emotional in more ways that one. 

It was Sophia's senior year play, taking place between her last day of school and her high school graduation. It was the first Mainstage in years that my family wasn't part of, for a variety of reasons. My children missed out on another mainstage. I missed making costumes and cooking for the cast and making positive post vessels. 

We sat, socially distanced, in the new outdoor venue. Actors took the stage and the story - a sort of prequel to the 2020 production, Voyagers, that got put on hold - and memories of mainstages past flooded my mind. My attention flitted between the play and the bits and pieces of costumes and props from past plays. Neri's bracers, Uri's pants, Ozora's vest ... a costume piece from Beautiful Things, another from Paper Giants, another from Shadows of Truth ... and props and set pieces and.... and... I had to stop paying attention to details in order to be in the moment with Golden Revolution. 

There were two adventures that night - the adventure we were taken on with the Queen and the Savages and the Conformers and the Revolutionaries ... and the journey of memories that took stage that evening. 



Comments

Popular Posts