[Adventure] Delivery Service

 

[Adventure 165]

I had an increase in sign requests recently, most likely due to it being Pride Month. I offer to meet up with people to give them their signs or even deliver them to their homes if I'll be in the area. I often combine errands and meeting up with people. 

One meet-up took place in the parking lot of Target. The lovely woman texted me when she was on her way from work as a high school teacher. The initials she used for the town she was coming from happened to be the same initials of the town where my middle child's girlfriend goes to high school. Upon our meeting, I inquired as to which high school she works at and she confirmed that it was one in the same. I commented that my middle child's girlfriend is a student there and the teacher knew exactly which student it was and said that she talks about my child often. Sophia will arrive in class on Monday and see a very familiar sign. 

The next day I was delivering a sign on the way to drop Austen and Skye at Sophia's house. My GPS told me the apartment building was in the middle of busy Route 9. I pulled to the side of the road next to the building I thought was the correct one and texted the woman who bought the sign saying I thought I was in the right place. I used my phone camera to zoom in on the apartment building number, not wanting to get out of the air conditioning into the ninety degree heat. It was, in fact, the right building, and while waiting for the woman to finish up what she was doing and come out, we laughed at my GPS, which showed our parked van was moving all around the area we were in. 

After dropping the children off, I headed to meet another person to give them two signs. I was early, so parked in the shade and enjoyed the sounds of the birds and squirrels and sat back an relaxed for a few minutes. I had been feeling worse and worse as they day progressed, still battling the fallout of a hemiplegic migraine. When my friend and her son arrived, I enjoyed our time in the fresh air - and the shade! - catching up on events of the past year and reaffirming that we need to meet up more often, now that we're all vaccinated. 

The next signs we're creating are for a pastor who lives and works on the Connecticut shoreline. She's willing to drive to me to pick them up, but I can't help thinking that perhaps a beach adventure  following a meet-up closer to her might be in order. 

My most recently crafted signs will be displayed in a high school classroom, given as a wedding gift, and will welcome people into a woman's new home and into a church. 

I make signs to help spread love and acceptance - and help others do the same. I enjoy painting them, and I enjoy meeting and meeting up with the people who request them. It's always an adventure.


Comments

Popular Posts