[Nevertheless] You Figure it Out [Advent 18]


We all want a picture perfect Christmas. Most of the time it doesn't work that way.

I have no idea where December went. I thought I had plenty of time. 

I had a plan. I good plan. An incredibly good plan. But, things being what they are, was wary of spending the money until bills were paid and I was sure it was affordable. Even if the money for the thing was given as a gift. Our finances are so unpredictable right now, I just wanted to be sure.

And that means we missed out on carrying out the plan. We waited too long. 

To say I was upset with myself is an understatement. I tend to play it too safe, and this time doing that cost us a gift for our children that they would have loved. It also means I had today to find an alternative. Just today. Tomorrow we go to Mystic Aquarium with my sister and her children, then my husband and I have a date night. Friday we go to the movies with my sister and one of her children, then pick up more children, cut down a Christmas tree for my parents, and go to their house to set it up (and eat dinner). Saturday is tattoo day. Sunday we have worship, then go out to lunch, then to my parents' house to celebrate Christmas with my sister's family and my best friend. Monday I'll need time to rest and recover from the weekend and we're going to our friends' house for dinner and to exchange our "Christmas Angel" gifts. Tuesday is Christmas Eve. So, yeah, I had a few hours this morning to come up with a new plan.

So I headed to Savers, which is my solution for everything shopping related. And I found it - a new plan. A new plan that keeps the original plan in action, just delayed a bit. A new plan that is going to amuse me to no end, although it may not amuse my children as much. A new plan that is very much like the original plan, but less. 

Now to find time to do a few other little things to put the plan into action.

Sometimes things don't go to plan, and it seems horrible at the time. Nevertheless, with a little time and creativity you can figure out a plan that's just as good, just in a different way. 

Comments

Popular Posts