[Nevertheless] I'm Another Year Older


In life, we take so much for granted.

We take life for granted. Life, as in living - waking up each morning, being alive. 

A friend celebrated a birthday recently. Well, not celebrated - begrudgingly acknowledged. I believe the sentiment UGH was used in their facebook post. They are not as old as I am.

I celebrate my forty-fifth birthday today. Celebrate. I made it! I'm alive! I might even make it to fifty if I'm lucky. 

I celebrate every year. Every month. Every gray hair. I may not be here next year, or tomorrow for that matter. So why not celebrate today? Every day? 

Growing older is an honor, a privilege, something not everyone gets to experience. I'd love to be old and gray and wrinkly. I'd love to have grandchildren and great-grandchildren. I may not get to, so I'll enjoy being forty-five, being a mom, being a wife, living now.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts