[Nevertheless] We Remember


We never know how many people are going to be at our house for New Year's Eve festivities. This year we have two "extra" children - one of Alia's best friends, and Haley's girlfriend. I brought all seven children to the movies to see Jumanji this morning while my husband took care of emissions testing and transferring registration for his new-to-him car. I think I got the better end of the bargain, but the two of us will go see it on his birthday on Thursday. 

We - the seven children and I - then ventured to the grocery store to do battle with the crowds and get things to snack on and for dinner. Then we came home to play games, watch movies, and make too much food. I even finished my latch-hook from the kit gifted to me for Christmas by my friend Beth.
 
Before the clock strikes twelve, we will open the memory jar for the last time this year, this time taking the slips of paper and other items out of the jar and sharing them with each other.

It is a time to remember the good times, the funny things we said and did, the adventures we experienced ... and a time to honor those who touched our lives and those who died. 

We celebrate being our true selves, new starts, new friends, evolving relationships, and people & places we love.


It is in looking back that we can relive a little bit of the joy of the past year, release negativity, gain perspective, and make peace with the past year. 


It is only then that we can look forward to the new year with renewed hope. 


My hope for the new year is to deepen relationships with those I love, to explore a healthier lifestyle for my entire family, and to seek balance.







Comments

Popular Posts