[Nevertheless] I'm Staying in my PJs [Advent 17]


The weather outside is frightful. Really. Freezing rain, snow, sleet ... roads covered in snot, ice marbles, and Vaseline (as described by a friend this morning). So what have I done so far today?

I snuggled in bed with my husband in the early morning hours, Christmas lights glowing, and children still sleeping. I took a shower to help relax my back and neck, put on fresh pajamas, and then climbed back into bed, migraine in full swing. 

I had so many plans for the day.

My husband brought me breakfast and I took round two of my meds. Somewhere amidst my misery, Jim also brought me an ice pack for my neck and learned how to make espresso with the espresso maker I found in the cabinet above my fridge a few weeks back. 

Although in pain, I did enjoy watching Christmas movie after Christmas movie, and taking a break from festive videos to watch an episode of Taskmaster with Coren and Alia. 

Finally, I got to work. 

There is now a batch of sugar cookie dough in the freezer, snickerdoodle dough in the fridge, and molasses cookie dough, also in the fridge. Chicken breasts are in the Instant Pot. And I'm back in bed, heating pad on my back, contemplating which Christmas movie to watch next. Unfortunately we don't own any of the movies I want to watch.

As soon as the chicken breasts are done, I'll put the chicken legs/thighs in the Instant Pot and get to work baking cookies. Hopefully my children will help.  Then, I'll move on to making breakfast for dinner, and possibly prepping the white chicken chili and vegetarian chili for tomorrow's Blue Christmas worship and community meal. 

I'm getting plenty done ... nevertheless, I'm staying in my PJs. 

Comments

Popular Posts