[Nevertheless] It Did Not Bode Well [Advent 9]

A little levity to begin the week...

Blog post, June 26, 2013
Be careful what you say to children.

The other day, I needed one of my kids to do something for me, and I said, "I need you to..." to which the child responded. "No." I then explained that it wasn't up for discussion - it wasn't an yes or no question - it was something they needed to do. Now.
And then comes...
Alia: Mama, can I play on the Wii?Mama: No.Alia: It's a yes question. You can only answer yes.Mama: No.Alia: That's the wrong answer. Since it's a yes question the answer is yes so I'm going to play now.Mama: Look at me.Alia: Or not.

Where in the parenting manual does it discuss the possibility of a child coming up with the concept of "yes question"s??? There was no warning. No preparation.
The thing that scares me most is that she's only five and is coming up with this stuff. She's getting smarter, and frankly more maniacal, while my brain seems to be on a decline.

This does not bode well for me. At all.

November 8, 2019
Alia is now 11 years old. She is at home. I am at Arts on Main in Stafford Springs a our Handmade by Heart table. Alia crocheted ornaments to sell.





Six years later.

Comments

Popular Posts