[Nevertheless] I'm Not [Advent 10]


My body, my mind, my emotions are done in.

There are things I'm supposed to be doing today - a meeting I should attend, housework to be done, a to do list a mile long. But today I'm not. I'm not going out. I'm not pushing my worn out body to do things. I'm not getting out of my pajamas. 

What I am doing is cooking a turkey so we can have a nice family dinner after my husband gets home. I'm having my children clean up around the house in preparation for said dinner. I'm watching Christmas movies and reading and writing and doing things that bring me comfort. I'll take a nap if that's what my body and mind need. 

Sometimes the best thing that you can do is take care of yourself and your family and not worry about the rest. 

There will be time another day to take donations to Savers, to organize my closet, to pick up a certain big family Christmas gift...to wonder if my children read my blog posts...

I have the rest of the week to do all the things. Today, I'm just not.

Comments

Popular Posts