[the moment] I realize I'm not mad

[moment 244]

It was still August when I ventured to Costco to pick up a few things. Walking through the door, I couldn't miss the enormous light up snowman that beckoned shoppers to the holiday section of the store. There were some Halloween themed decorations with some Autumnal pieces mixed in, but the Christmas presence was strong. And I wasn't mad in the least. 

I admit I used to sigh or roll my eyes or express disapproval in some way at retailers' displays of cold weather holidays in the 89 degree (F) heat. But not anymore.

I've been ready for Christmas since we got home from summer camp. I've been ready for flannel pjs and wool socks and excitedly planning gifts for people I love. 

I will do my best not to put up our Christmas tree until at least Halloween, but I'm not making any promises. 


Comments

  1. We have entered into our annual debate about putting a tree up. Don't worry I will lose.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts