[a moment] that contains so many memories

 

[moment 257]

This moment in time was caught on film sometime in the late 1970's. 

That's Mittens, the cat we got as a kitten when I was four years old. I could tell you many a story about Mittens, the vulture cat, the great huntress, the protector of the yard, the hater of car rides. 

Mittens is sitting next to a piano music box that occasionally my sister and I got to take out and play. We had to be very careful with it. I always felt special when I was entrusted with the winding of the music box. 

Mittens is sitting on a table that I remember well. When you lifted the top of the table, there was storage inside where my mom kept her sewing supplies. The table was mainly used as a cat perch or to hold a vase of flowers or decorative items. 

It's a simple photo, but it contains so many memories. 


Comments

Popular Posts