[a moment] with the perfect person

[moment 255]

I took an Afghan SIV family of four to the Social Security Administration to apply for Social Security cards. We waited for forty-five minutes. I was not upset. It was busy and working through social security paperwork takes time.

It was finally our time and my heart leapt as I realized who was going to handle our family's applications. I don't know his name. I do know that he's processed the paperwork for another family I've helped resettle. I do know that he served in Afghanistan and is deeply thankful that these people are here and safe. And I do know that he went above and beyond to make sure everything was going to go as smoothly as possible when we discovered a few surprises along the way.

I am filled with gratitude that the exact person we needed to handle our paperwork was there that day, was the one available when our number was called, and was just the perfect person for what we needed in that moment. 


Comments

  1. Sometimes the right thing happens at the right time for the right people, right?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts